Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Choices

Yesterday, I asked my dad where is the cheapest and yet give the best service to fix my car. Maybe I should explain from the very beginning of my situation (need to learn on how to arrange my post). Anyway coming back to the subject my car can't go long distance anymore because it gets overheat easily. I've sent my car to one of the workshop and one of the mechanic confirmed that my car need to be overhaul and as everyone knows, when you hear the word overhaul (although it's just a top overhaul and not a real overhaul) a large amount of money need to be spent which currently I don't have. So that why I asked my dad where to fix. Dad told me "You go to klang laa, cheaper compare to KL and furthermore there's a mechanic who is expert in fixing Honda" by the way I'm driving a 1995 model of Honda Civic, a 12 years old car. High time to fix or change a new one :).



Then my mother came and asked what are we discussing about, so after I've explained to her, suddenly she voice out her thought "Why fix? Selling the car is the right thing to do" at that point there is a one big sweat at the back of my head(it just like in the Japanese cartoon, one big drop of water at the back of your head). Previously, I did mention to my parent that after I've finish paying the car installment I want to get a new car, and my plan to do that is next year since my last payment is on the march of 2008. Then suddenly my dad agree with my mother, and I was like "err...err..emm...uhmm..ok..so we need to sell the car 1st so we can use it for down payment later"



So the next question is "Which car to buy?" This has been playing in my mind for quite sometimes now, I know there are various number of car to pick but, it must suit your interest & the most important part is your budget, and after I've investigate, out of all the car in Malaysia, non of them meet my criteria (to have both interest of the car & enough budget to pay monthly installment) and people keep telling me that "Sham, you can't take proton car because you are used to Honda's technology" I guess what they meant is, I better think thoroughly before buying or I'll end up complaining because I will start to compare between my old car and the new one later and I think I will. Last couple of week I drove Atun's car(Inokom Atos) and I find it's quite challenging to drive an under powered car since I'm used to drive my Honda. but to me what really matters is I have a transportation to move here and there. It's just that if you have the financial to buy a better car, why choose not to? I know that some people say better to save for future need, but to me, nothing in this this world will last, nothing in this world is permanent. To me saving is good, but having a lot of money in the piggy bank and not using it emm...I mean you've been working so hard, to earn money for what? just to save in a bank? and compromise your satisfaction..that kind of idea doesn't make sense to me. But I guess people have their own reason for doing what they think is best.


So now, I'm stuck...if I chose to fix my beloved car, it will be ok in few months, because maintaining a 12 years old car is just not worth it, time after time you need to change here and there because of depreciation (wear and tear), and not to forget that later when I want to sell the car, the price will drop. These are the reasons given to me by my parent, and I think they are right. But on the other hand to buy a new car is something I'm not well prepare enough, I mean in term of my financial, currently I think I can't afford to buy my dream car, so I have to search a car with the right price and to make sure the car suits me. I'm not trying to be choosy but we are talking about buying a car here people, car in Malaysia is really damn expensive (damn tax). Unless I lived in another country. So I need to choose wisely, because I'm going to use it for a long long time.

So now I'm back at square one because currently, I can't find a car that suits me (car that I like and affordable). I don't want to regret later. In transformer, the car seller said that "the car choose the driver, it is something like a special bond between Man and Machine" Now where to find my yellow stripe Camaro :P.

2 comments:

:: iera :: said...

when it comes to make decision, sham & result? just never mixed! hahahaha

Hitokirizero said...

Huhh...siot..mocking me aaaa? tunggu...what u give u get back!! I'm going to make sure that day come :D